Sunday, March 27, 2011

Curiously Curious


           Well this week we began our venture onto the upper body.  Up till now I have pretty much left the arms out of the picture not bothering to even try.  But now we finally got some info on it and my curiosity has been peaked.  Especially the movement of the Scapula, which is basically the shoulder blade.  I find it really interesting how it twists and moves with the arm, and frankly fun to try and identify where the medial border and spine of the Scapula is located.  This peak in curiosity has really brought a new light to life drawing class and I have started to pay much closer attention to my drawings. 
Although I feel confident with the shoulder blades in the back I don’t feel nearly as confident with the collarbone and how the back and front connect at the Acromion Process.

Through the week I actually found an interesting website that includes many drawings of the human body from historical figures.  It’s interesting to see how they drew and what they saw.

2 comments:

  1. I also found good examples of drawings. I like DaVinci a lot so I searched his drawings for some shoulder examples. I had the total opposite experience on the shoulders. I think the collarbone was much more easy to draw than the shoulder blades. Part of the reason might be because her shoulder blades were not as prominent. But, overall, I thought the shoulders were interesting to learn and begin to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it depended on the pose of the model as to whether i preferred drawing the front or back of the shoulders. I think i was confident with the back of the shoulder if i was able to see the medial border but if not i found myself a little bit lost. The front just wasn't as fun to me. Since it came out pretty similar each time. I liked the images you posted as well. I think its good to find outside sources to look at for references as we get farther along.

    ReplyDelete